Thursday, July 2, 2015

Simplicity 5694



Simplicity 5694 circa 1973

This pattern was printed in 1973. When I saw it I knew I had to make the one piece bathing suit. I tend to love the late 60s early 70s when sewing for myself. If I could get away with it I would be sewing Natural Form dresses to wear everyday. I just don't know if I'm allowed to be quite that eccentric on a regular basis.

Sorry for the awful pics! I haven't had a chance to get good ones!

The suit is simple construction, and... unlined except for the top. I suggest adding lining to the bottom. Thankfully, I only swim with family for the most part. My mom informed me that my swimsuit has a see through effect when wet. So! You've been warned!

Back View

The only thing uncomfortable about this pattern is how tight the neck tie ends up being. One could shorten the top where the ties are threaded I supposed. Perhaps I will do that on my next one. 

Maybe a Pucci Print like this one (taken from Pinterest, dead link)


This one is navy. I chose this color because I already had it in my stash. When I buy fabric for my next one I want to do Pucci inspired print and buy enough to do a matching Biba inspired head wrap. I love Biba.

Biba Ad; http://sweetjanespopboutique.blogspot.co.uk/


And don't forget about the Annual Summer Pattern Sale! 55% off all patterns. No coupon required! Go there now!

No comments:

Post a Comment