Tuesday, March 27, 2012

McCall's 5813 Pattern Review

Photo from McCalls.com

A few days ago I was digging through my patterns to find some pajama patterns for myself. I found this one. I had completely forgotten about it. I know they aren't technically pajama pants, but don't they look comfy? (They are!)

I made View A. I am only 5'2.5 (yes and a .5). I had to shorten the waist a good 4" or the waist would have been at my belly button, and I left the length which means they hit about 1" above my ankles. 


I used quilters cotton from the Joann's clearance section. I really like this fabric (produced by Richloom). It's a good quality. I didn't know what it would become when I purchased it, but I really like it as pajama bottoms. I have about 1.5 yds left I may make some pillowcases or a bag out of it. Who knows?

The pattern was really quick, just 4 pieces to sew together, elastic waistband, and hemming. I recommend this pattern, but definitely check to see if you need to resize it before you cut and make it. It would be a lot of fabric to waist if they don't fit!

Purchase pattern at McCall's.

Now, off to sew more project bags!


No comments:

Post a Comment