Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cedar Leaf Shawlette


I absolutely ADORE my Cedar Leaf! The colors turned out so fantastic! I used lovely Yarn Chef Cider in colorway Crab Grass. As usual, the yarn was awesome to work with.


Cedar Leaf is a really EASY knit. Almost too easy for a lace addict, but it was totally worth getting through all those rows of sockinette for the finished product.


The leaves are knitted on, but it didn't take as long as I thought it would to do. My last experience with a knitted on border was awful and took 3 years so I was a little worried...


Blocking took a little bit to master. I ended up putting wires through the top and patted the leaves out flat. When I used the wires on the leaves, it just made them look all funky and geometric :/


While I was out taking pictures of the shawlette, I found saw that our Mulberry Tree is loaded down!


The fig bushes are full as well. I'm hoping I will be able to start picking them sometime in May!


This is just 2 of our fig bushes :D


Have a Wonderful Earth Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment