Thursday, July 19, 2012

Perfectly Pleated Clutch



A few days ago I made the Perfectly Pleated Clutch from Amy Butler's Style Stitches.Yes, I am hooked on that book. I will probably end up making most if not all of the patterns from that book. This is the 4th pattern I have completed from the book


I used 2 fabrics from Amy's Lotus line. The main fabric is Star Paisley in Sand, and the contrast is Lotus Pond in Ivory.

I didn't pleat the back because I used stashed fabrics and there just wasn't enough fabric for that, but I quite like it only pleated on the front.


I'm not so sure that I adore the wristlet. While it is completely functional, it's awkward to use. I guess if you get tired of holding the clutch it would be a nice afterthought.


The interior is the perfect size for all my essentials. I used a batik with wasps. It was a gift from a wonderful Raveler!



I would recommend this pattern to almost anyone! The pleats take awhile, but the bag overall is supereasy and only takes a few hours! I will definitely be making more of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment