Friday, August 15, 2014

Vintage Fashion Magazines

Seventeen Magazine May 1955 Cover
Yesterday I went to a local estate sale and scored some lovely vintage fashion magazines. I got quite a few SEVENTEEN and McCall magazines. They are filled to the brim with gorgeous ads and articles!

Catalina Swimsuit Ad from 1955 issue of Seventeen Magazine

Let me say how jealous I am of the teens from the 50s. The Seventeen magazines from the 90s (when I was a teen) were nowhere near as posh as they used to be. I kind of feel like I got cheated in that by the time I got them, they were kind of trashy in a way. At least comparatively

Seventeen Magazine April 1955 Cover
I am in love with this PROM issue! Hello! Such a sweet dress and a man in a military uniform. (ROTC perhaps?) Oh! Days Gone By how sweet you appear.

If you have loved looking at the pics here. Check out the listings in my ETSY shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment