Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Leven

The cool air is starting to really set in here. We've started having coffee in the afternoons again. We are also shutting off sections of the house and heating individual rooms to keep warm. Blankets are starting to come out of the closets, and knitting is ever present.

I started a sweater for Mark in October of 2008, though I had been knitting for a few years I didn't realize just how difficult the pattern would be. I got about 1/3 of the back knit and put the sweater away until this month. When I pulled it back out I was very disappointed to find that there was a moth hole right in the middle of my work. (How did it get a moth hole? I have no idea I am super crazy about making sure they do not get into the house unless it got in there before/during the  move...) So I frogged my work back to where the moth hole was and started again. The pattern is much  easier this time around. :D

The Pattern I am using is Leven from Rowan 42.

My copy of the magazine has seen better days, but it has been well loved. I think the Leven pattern is one of the most beautiful patterns in the book, and it's one of the best men's sweater patterns I've come across and yet somehow there is only one other project on Ravelry.




My progress doesn't look like much, but I am hoping to finish the sweater in time for Christmas.


I had to gauge down the size of the sweater, a size 40" chest would swallow Mark whole. I don't think he needs more than 2" of easement so I am using a size 4 needles to get a 38" chest out of this. I am also subbing  Knit Picks Swish DK, for Rowan Wool Cotton. 

Well I better get back to knitting or it might be next Christmas before this gets finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment