Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Sad Story about Yarn

So a few weeks ago I had to make a trip out of state to view some antiques. It was only a two hour drive, I drove the back roads part and Mark did the interstate driving. When I ride I have to knit, I will absolutely go crazy if I don't do something with my hands especially on a long trip like that one. I was working on a new design in Malabrigo Lace, and was about 3/8ths of the way finished.



(sorry for the bad pic, but it's the only one I have at the moment.)

The yarn was sort of special, it was one of the yarns I got for Christmas last year from Mark. It was the colorway VAA, which I had been hunting for about 6 months. I loved it, and was saving it for something special.

After we viewed our furniture I was to drive again, so I tossed my knitting in the backseat and we went to lunch, where I got my purse out of the backseat. After lunch I drove back to the state line where I went to get my knitting from the backseat.

I picked up the scarf, but no ball of yarn was attached. I had lost it where we ate at some point. a whole half of a ball! Luckily I had the knitting and my needles still.

It took me a good week to get over the loss. I was able to tick back a row and bind off, I think that I knitted enough to make a cowl. I will have to start again for the sample for my pattern. So aggravating!

I will be knitting the next sample in colorway Hummingbird. I think it will work out really nicely since the pattern seems to show the hand painted colors off so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment